Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Video Treatment

Topic:  The "ism" I will be creating my short video about is classism.  I feel this topic is very interesting and I think it is important that people realize we are living in a "class" categorical society.  I hope this video will educate others on the different types of classes.

The Story:  I will be writing a video poem regarding the different types of classes and what each class entails (struggles, lifestyles, achievements, income, etc...), by using research as my supporting factor.  I will also use images, quotations and music to help aid in this education.

Software:  The software program I intend to use will be Microsoft Power Point to present a "video poem like" presentation.  I have a large amount of experience with this program and hope that along with my knowledge and the power point tutorial, I will have no serious issues completing this project.

Research:  I plan to use most of the information that I find online, but also would like to use information provided from the text, Readings for Diversity and Social Justice, on its chapter regarding classism. 

Time Line:  I have already begun my research on the several different classes to provide background information on each one.  I also have planned to finish the organization of these classes by the end of today.  From that point I plan to find the right kind of music and images to correctly fit each class, as well as write out the poem.  I am planning on having my presentation completed and posted to Slideshare by Saturday January 15 the latest.

Take away message:  I want viewers to understand that America today is not a "classeless" society and also to give them insight on each class.  Hopefully it may open their eyes to what really goes on aside from their daily lives, and also hope they receive some support from those who are going through the same situation they may be going through.

3 comments:

  1. Class is often one of the forgotten isms, even though it is all around of us. I am glad you are choosing to center on economic oppression in your video, and I look forward to viewing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree that America is not a classless society at all. I bet your video will help others to understand this and give an insight into other classes as well. I feel like we can really see classism in schools from a young age, as well as in music! I am looking forward to seeing your video poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think classism is a very important topic, as people often forget about how impacting it can be, especially when it doesn't effect somebody personally. I agree that we can't deny that we live in a society where class is a considerably important aspect of one's character and lifestyle. However it's too bad that people interpret class as having the necessary means to think that they are any better than somebody else in character. I really like that you are looking at the many different classes that are included within society today, I look forward to seeing your video!

    ReplyDelete