Friday, January 14, 2011

Quick Blog #4: Whip My Hair

This video is definitely a different type of video for someone of her age. However, I don't think that it is portraying anything bad or that she is not being a good role model. I think she is trying to make a name for herself most likely and this was her first break out song. I feel she's just trying to be a little rebellious and her lyrics basically state that she is going to do what she can to make it and no one will hold her back. I don't think her lyrics are along the racist sense but maybe there is is one line that could potentially be considered..."Whether it's black stars black cars I'm feeling it". I also don't know if I would consider it a sexist song but towards the end she does sing to her "ladies" telling them to whip their hair. But maybe that's just because girls have longer hair to whip? She must being doing something right though because this single was towards the top of the charts for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment