Monday, January 17, 2011

Process Piece for Video Project


Overall I think my video came out really well and I’m pretty proud of it.  It was very difficult to start writing the poem and I had major writers block.  I usually only have to write papers for my classes, so to try and write in a different format was a little difficult for me.  With some help from a friend of my parents who is an author, she was able to help me get going.  She taught me to pick out several important words that provide meaning to your piece and use those as the last word in the sentence so that you can build upon them.  What she taught me helped so much and once I got going it wasn’t too bad.  The next difficulty I had was to find pictures that went with each line.  I wanted to have a line on each power point slide with a picture that represented it.  All the pictures that I used in my video came from www.google.com.  Lastly I put the words and pictures together on each slide, timed the way each object was presented, and finally synced music to the video.  I’m really happy with the way it all turned out.  Unfortunately I had great trouble trying to upload the video onto youtube.  For some reason it wouldn’t process my video and kept saying that it was failing to convert.  Next I tried to put my video onto slide share.  This worked however, it presented each slide individually with no music and no effects that I had added to the presentation.  That made me very upset because I had put so much work into and it wasn’t the original piece.  But in the end I’m still proud of my piece and really enjoyed this project.
                References:  Pictures came from – www.google.com and information came from – Readings for Diversity and Social Justice, Classism Section, Class in America – 2006 by Gregory Mantsios.

No comments:

Post a Comment